We have an exciting opportunity for a Property Manager, previous experience in Block Management is essential for this position.
Our client is seeking someone capable of ensuring Properties entrusted to you are maintained to a high standard in compliance with Landlord and Tenant legislation, ARMAQ and RICS requirements.
To drive the department towards achieving financial and service targets as set by the SMT.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Respond within 24 hours to emails and phone calls (even if only a holding response), and maintain a good flow of communication.
- Prioritise and effectively manage workload. Have full understanding of the leases for each building within your portfolio. Ensure all the provisions in the leases are complied with, including for example health & safety and insurance provisions.
- Report to clients important issues in a timely fashion and maintain a good regular rapport with clients.
- Undertake site visits six weekly or the timescale stated in the management agreement. Complete inspection report identifying actions required and upload on to tracker within 24 hours.
- Production of accurate service charge budget within agreed timescales. Monitor expenditure and the production of BvA reports and only issue work orders where funds are available.
- Understand the quarterly reports issued to clients and leaseholders in order to answer any queries.
- Ensure issues on the tracker are kept up to date, acknowledged within 2 hours and actioned within 4 hours and closed off immediately when completed. Team Assistant can assist.
- Report to Senior Property Manager or in their absence the CEO any BvA’s that will miss the deadline.
- Actions arising from Service Contractor reports to be implemented in a timely fashion if funds allow and if not seek client instructions. Ensure you or your Assistant load the reports on to tracker immediately, the responsibility for this lies with the Property Manager.
- Ensure all Health & Safety reports are completed within time, prior to the H&S inspection.
- Follow up issues out of Health and Safety Risk Assessments within the timescales identified and seek client instructions where required, e.g. where funds are needed. Where clients do not give consent to works of a critical nature, immediately inform CEO but if not available any line manager.
- Understand the financial importance of each management instruction to the company within your portfolio.
- Inspect at completion items of major expenditure, prior to invoice approval or seek approval from building surveyor for payment.
- Oversee day to day maintenance using approved contractors only. Ensure Section 20 Notices are issued when required.
- Authorise invoices for payment if works undertaken satisfactorily and ensure that the coding is always correct.
- Keep filing of emails up to date in the correct H file only.
- Send draft service charge accounts to clients when available and comply with the agreed process to have these finalised prior to the due date.
- Proactively deal with any emergency repairs and report to lessees individually or collectively. Where appropriate liaise with the Insurance Claim Administrator.
- Delegate work to and manage Property Administrator.
- Manage and support any site staff.
- Attend client meetings and AGMs including out of office hours. Prepare management reports in good time for said meetings and take minutes where required.
- Assist in preparation of Resident Handbooks, circulars and newsletters.
- Promote HSCPM/HSC professional services including agency activity, Ashby & Horner and Ashby Building Surveyors.
- Attendance at Tribunals and Courts when applicable.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
Need to know:
- Microsoft Office, training given on QuickBooks
- Requirements of ARMAQ including the Consumer Charter and Standards and RICS Service Charge Residential Management Code.
- Be concise but friendly, and professional when provoked
- Work with minimum supervision, and not be afraid to take the initiative, but know the limits of your authority
- Attend evening meetings, usually 2-3 per month
- Delegate to an Assistant Property Manager.
- Take pride in being up to date, work with others for mutual benefit
- Minimum Complaints and Maximum Compliments.
Hours are Monday to Friday 9 - 5.30. Occasional evening meetings may be required, but time off in lieu will be offered.
If you would like further details, please apply in the first instance and contact Lisa @ The Dove.