Secretary / Professional Support – Intellectual Property Attorneys (Part-Time)
An excellent opportunity to work for a firm of patent & trademark attorneys in a Professional Support role on a part time basis! This firm is on the up, with a big increase in business being the reason for this particular need.
You will be responsible for providing support to the group, but specifically to the patent attorneys & paralegal staff. The position covers patent administration (UK, European, PCT and foreign), but may also involve Trade Mark administration as and when required.
Specific duties include:
- Typing patent applications, amendments and responses
- Answer incoming external calls
- Prepare filings
- Open post, scan and email to responsible attorney and their team
- Review due date reports and annotating report before sending to the attorney
- Post docket fees and generate draft bills for review by Professional Support / Paralegal
- File correspondence in the electronic files
- Support your attorney and formalities team
- Coordination of meetings and travel for attorneys
- Dictation both over the phone and in person
- Assist and support the Head of Legal Services, Head of Professional Support and Professional Support / Paralegal as required
The successful candidate will need previous patent/IP experience within a professional support / secretarial role. You will also need:
- Touch typing skill of at least 60 WPM
- Patent administration experience (desirable)
- Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, alert and willing to provide input and ideas
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
- Experience of Progressor (desirable)
The ideal hours for this position are 9am – 5pm 3 days per week, however this can be negotiated.
In return, my client will be offering what equates to £16.50 - £17.50ph (you will be on a salary but it will depend on the hours agreed).