WANTED: Senior Buyer for a leading worldwide manufacturer!
A quality, renowned brand who are starting the year coming off the back of winning some great contracts! With over 10 manufacturing location around the globe, this is an excellent time to join their success!
The duties of the Senior Buyer will include:
- Supporting the company operations with supplies of materials and services.
- Negotiating blanket supply agreements to allow the cells to call-off material as required.
- Assisting in resolving late or potentially late deliveries of components to meet demand.
- Negotiating cost reductions of material and services to obtain the best total delivered costs and to meet the annual departmental cost down targets.
- Assist in maintaining a supply base that provides the optimum service in quality, price, delivery and management, within the total targeted numbers.
- Continually strive to extend the payment terms of existing and new suppliers to meet the company goals of "total days payable".
- Travel to suppliers based in Europe and Asia and build on relationships.
- Identify new suppliers for both brokered products and components.
- Provide a service to the R&D department for quotations and sourcing of new components, and to progress from request to receipt.
The successful candidate will have buying experience within a manufacturing environment and have an understanding of electronic devices and procurement of components.
In return, my client will be offering a salary of £35,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience)!